The QuickBooks database server manager is an essential utility to run the company file in the application, and issues with the same can lead to the QBDBMgrN not running error message on the screen. This error can arise due to many possible reasons, like a misconfigured Windows firewall. If you are getting the QuickBooks database server manager stopped issue, you can use the reasons and solutions provided below to easily eliminate it.
If you are having trouble performing the steps or terminating the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get immediate assistance from our technical support team.
QBDBMgrN Service Failed to Start Error: Common Reasons & Factors
If your QBDBMgrN service won’t start, the following main causes and triggers might be responsible for the issue –
- Your Windows firewall is not running correctly, and the utility might be misconfigured, which can lead to issues while running the database service.
- There are internet connectivity issues in the system, which is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the database server and opening the company file.
- The QB database server manager might not be correctly installed in the system, and the utility might be missing, inactive, or unresponsive.
- Essential files, like the ND and TLG files, are not running correctly, and they might be damaged, corrupted, missing, or broken.
You may read also: How to fix QuickBooks error 15222
Solutions to Easily Tackle the QuickBooks DB30 Service Won’t Start Issue
You can reliably resolve the QuickBooks database server stopped issue by using the methods mentioned below –
Solution 1 – Run the Clean Install Utility to Perform a QB Installation from the Run Window
You can address the QBDBMgrN keeps stopping error by running the clean install tool in the following manner –
- Press the Windows + R keys to get the Run command dialog box and type appwiz.cpl to access the program list, and double-click the QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall QB and run the QuickBooks Tool Hub to go to the Installation Issues tab, followed by selecting the Clean Install Tool and getting rid of any residual files.
- Lastly, download the correct QB version and run the setup file to begin the installation, and rerun the database service to access the data file without any errors.
Solution 2 – Update Windows Firewall by Accessing the Control Panel from the Run Tab
Issues with your Windows firewall can lead to problems while running the database service.
- Press the Windows + R keys to access the Run window and access the Control Panel to click the System and Security option.
- Select Windows Firewall and choose the Check for Updates option by going to the Update your Firewall Settings section, and once the updates are found, click on Update Now and select the Use Recommended Settings option.
- Once the updates are installed, restart your PC and reopen QuickBooks to check if the database service is running correctly.
The QBDBMgrN not running error code can be reliably tackled by using the solutions given above. If the error remains unresolved, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get direct help from our QB professionals.
Recommended To Read: How to resolve QuickBooks Online freezing