At the initial stage of crypto trading, several people prefer going ahead with a hot crypto wallet for storing their funds because they find it pretty easier to use the wallet. However, if you have moved on to the next level of trading and you wish to transfer your crypto assets to a more secure wallet then choosing a hardware wallet would be a great option for you. Well, a Trezor wallet is something that could aid you in providing a safe shelter to your crypto assets. Hence, in today's post, I am going to discuss with you a very important topic that is related to this wallet.
Yes, today's discussion will be made on the troubleshooting tips that you need to follow if you are unable to connect your Trezor device to a hot or software crypto wallet. Well, the most common hot wallets that people connect with Trezor Wallet are MyCrypto Wallet, Exodus Wallet, Electrum Wallet, MetaMask Wallet, MyEtherwallet, Ronin Wallet, and more.
While connecting any of these wallets to your Trezor device, you might come across several issues. However, if you do not know what to do in case of these issues, then you can surely follow all these tips that I am going to discuss in the section that follows.
Tips that can help you resolve wallet connectivity issues
Here are the easy tips that you may follow if you wish to re-establish the connectivity between your Trezor device and your hot wallet:
- The primary thing that you need to be sure of is that the version of the firmware you are using for your Trezor device is updated
- Apart from that, the hot wallet that you are using has to be of the latest version
- While connecting the two wallets, you need to make sure that you have Trezor Bridge installed on your device. Once you have successfully installed Trezor Bridge, you will see a message on your screen such as "Trezord." However, if you do not see it, you need to install Trezor from the scratch
- While establishing the connection, all you need to do is use only supported web browsers such as Chrome or Firefox. At times, switching to the Privacy or Incognito mode also helps
- You should also clear your browser cache and cookies and ensure that the web browser you are using is up-to-date
- If you have enabled a VPN service or a firewall on your device, then you need to disable them to ensure the smooth functioning of these wallets
- Don't try to use multiple browsers or apps with Trezor wallet at the same time as it could lead to clashing of the programs
If you are able to connect your hot wallet to your Trezor wallet successfully, then there is nothing that could beat the security that you have provided to your crypto assets. Hence, if you were facing any difficulty while establishing the connection, then the aforementioned tips would surely help you out.