The burgeoning aging population and a surge in obesity & diabetic cases have put the spotlight on advanced ophthalmic devices. The National Institute on Aging (NIA) estimates the geriatric population to reach 72 million by 2030, while the WHO suggests around 422 million people are living with diabetes. These trends imply the prevalence of vision impairment and blindness due to diabetic retinopathy, cataracts, glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration and vitreo-retinal disorders. Besides, the onset of the COVID-19 outbreak led to increased screen time, spurring the demand for eye examinations.
Grand View Research has aptly paid heed to the evolving customer preferences and the paradigm shift witnessed in the healthcare & medical space. The final report, along with the database, will deliberate upon the following industry dynamics:
- The demand for minimally invasive surgeries, including multi-wavelength diabetic retinopathy treatment and LASIK surgery.
- Trend for ophthalmic devices across hospitals and eye clinics.
- Early detection and treatment of eye diseases to help prevent vision loss.
- Significance of adults receiving eye exams: The American Academy of Ophthalmology mentions that over 22 million adults grapple with vision impairment, and 61 million U.S. adults are at a high risk of vision loss.
- The influence of AI as well as the impact of campaigns and programs.
Get your copy or request for a free sample of the report “U.S. Ophthalmic Patient Population Statistics Study Report”, compiled and published by Grand View Research.
U.S. Ophthalmic Patient Population (2022)
Get more insights from our in-depth market intelligence report “Ophthalmic Devices Market Analysis By Product (Optical Coherence Tomography, Ophthalmic Ultrasound), By Application (Cataract, Glaucoma), By End Use (Hospitals and Eye Clinics) And Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2030.”
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights.