QuickBooks is more accessible and offers time savings, which is why many customers may desire to switch from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. However, converting QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online can be a complicated procedure. Considering this, we created this technical blog detailing with problems converting QuickBooks desktop to online and how to resolve them. A list of issues with converting QuickBooks desktop to online is provided, along with solutions. Read the blog through to the conclusion attentively.
The solutions provided here are worth fixing your issue. In case you still need help and a quick resolution, contact us at 1.855.738.2784.
Before converting QuickBooks desktop to QuickBooks online, ensure the following:
- The first step is to back up your files to protect them from being lost.
- Another thing to remember is to do the conversion right at the beginning of your online business account.
- After that, you must continue to manage the transaction on both the desktop and web versions.
- Only select the data that you wish to import after knowing the import data limit.
- You must ensure you are logged in as the administrator on both the desktop and the website.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1904
Problems and solutions in case of Converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online
Unable to connect to database
When QuickBooks is unable to connect to the database, it will provide the first problem on the list. By doing the following, you can resolve this error:
- Go to your system's control panel after opening the run window first.
- You are then directed to choose the view option and then the small icon option.
- You should select the user account option when you see it.
- After that, make sure you are logged in as the system administrator by selecting the option to manage accounts.
Export QBDT to QBO Error
The QBDT to QBO error, which can happen if a file's path contains more than four directories, is the final issue with QuickBooks desktop to online. Remove the mistake in a few easy steps:
- To begin, simultaneously hit the F2, Ctrl, and 1 key. The pop-up for product details will then appear.
- Check the file's path now.
- After that, shut off QuickBooks on your desktop.
- After that, transfer the file to drive C.
- Start QuickBooks desktop after that, and select the option to recover the file.
- Finally, you will need to open the file from the location where you most recently saved it and try to import it once more.
All of this has to do with problems converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online. With this information, we hope you can now fix any problems you may have had switching from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. You can get in touch with our support staff at 1.855.738.2784 if you encounter any issues that are not listed here or if you need assistance fixing the errors that are here.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6189