Everyone cherishes their hair. It is often denoted as their pride. Losing them extensively can have a bad effect on one’s mental health. Hair fall conditions like alopecia can make it even worse. Thankfully, alopecia can easily be treated with hair transplant treatment.
According to the experts from Dadu Medical Centre, who provide the Best Hair Transplant Treatment In Delhi, alopecia is an autoimmune condition where a person’s immune system starts attacking hair follicles, leading them to fall. Among its types, alopecia areata is the most common and can easily be treated with a hair transplant.
What are Some of the Types of Alopecia?
- Alopecia Areata - Alopecia Areata is assumed to be an autoimmune disorder that causes hair to fall out in oval or round patches on the head or other areas on the body where hair grows, such as the beard, eyelashes or eyebrows, Alopecia Totalis, Alopecia Barbae, Alopecia Universalis, Patchy Alopecia Areata, Diffuse Alopecia Areata, and Alopecia Ophiasis are all types of Alopecia Areata.
- Androgenetic Alopecia - There are two types of hair loss, female pattern hair loss and male pattern hair loss. Men’s hair falls out predictably, but women’s hair often thins all over the head rather than retreating from the temples.
- Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia - Primary scarring alopecias (also known as scarring hair loss or cicatricial alopecias) is a collection of disorders that cause permanent hair loss by destroying the hair follicle and replacing it with scar tissue. Hair loss begins in the middle of the scalp and gradually extends outwards in Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia.
What is a Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant is a surgical procedure where hair follicles are extracted from the donor site (the area with dense hair) and transplanted to the recipient site (the balding area). There are typically two types of hair transplant procedures:
Follicular Unit Transplant - FUT
A small strip of skin with hair is taken from the back of the head and separated into pieces, each comprising 1 to 4 hairs (hair grafts), which are then put into tiny wounds in the scalp. Stitches are used to seal the wound where the hairs are extracted. The procedure is as follows:
- The surgeon will redraw the hairline, identify the area where hair will be extracted, and photograph it for the future medical record.
- Prior to surgery, patients will be given a sedative. To numb the scalp, a local anesthetic will be given.
- The hair at the donor location, from which the hair will be extracted, will be clipped to roughly two millimeters.
- The surgeon will cut a slice of skin with hair follicles to be utilized as a transplant.
- Patients will remain awake during the procedure.
- The surgeon will then extract individual follicles from the skin strip to prepare them for transplantation.
- The expert will stitch the wound using sutures.
- A bandage and antibiotic will be applied to the scalp.
Follicular Unit Extraction - FUE
FUE hair transplant is slightly different from Follicular Unit Transplantation. Although both serve the same purpose, the procedure is less complex. The hair follicles are extracted straight from the donor area and implanted on the recipient site. In the modern FUE version, implanter pens are optimized. The procedure is as follows:
The best FUE hair transplant surgeon in Delhi will start by shaving the transplant area.
- They will next repeat the procedure in the donor area.
- This makes extracting the hair follicles from the core and performing the FUE hair transplant surgery easier.
- They will now begin harvesting the follicles using a tiny punch instrument.
- It will be performed following the administration of local anesthesia.
- A needle will make a series of small incisions on the transplant area.
- It is regarded as the most difficult aspect of FUE hair transplantation.
- After this, the expert will start placing hair follicles within the incisions.
- As soon as it is over, the surgeon cleans the area with an antiseptic and bandage to avoid infection and bleeding.
- The FUE hair transplant specialist will begin putting hair follicles via incisions.
- Once completed, the surgeon will treat the area with an antiseptic and bind it to prevent bleeding or infection.
It is recommended to seek only the expert hair transplant surgeon and the Best Skin Clinic In Delhi for the natural results. It is essential as these procedures may lead to infections if not undertaken by an experienced surgeon.