The ears are one of the most underrated parts of the human body. Although seldom hidden with hair, they significantly impact the overall look of the face. Unfortunately, the earlobe may stretch due to many unfortunate instances, and the piercing hole may appear more prominent. However, with the proper treatment, it can easily be fixed.
Dr. Nivedita Dadu of Skinology Clinic has provided some useful information about earlobe repair surgery, like why people need it and how it is done, etc. This blog will shed light on the experienced doctor’s insights, who is known for giving the best Earlobe Repair Treatment In Delhi.
Earlobe surgery is called labiaplasty, which involves a skin specialist extending the split downward and stitching them together with minimum sutures. This surgery has helped many people to regain a normal-looking earlobe.
Why do Earlobes Stretch?
There can be many reasons behind widened piercing or stretched earlobes. Split earlobes, on the other hand, are caused by severe trauma that occurs when the earring is pulled through the earring lobes. For instance, heavy earrings are being grabbed by babies. Other potential factors can be as follows:
- Repeated pulling and clothing with heavy earrings on can also add to the trauma and cause either widening or splitting of the earlobes.
- Regular wearing of heavy jewelry can also weigh down the earlobe and eventually cause it to split.
- However, it doesn’t need to cause a split; heavy jewelry can stretch the piercing hole while elongating it.
- In addition to it, only pierced ears are not subject to this condition. Those who wear tight clip-on earrings can also suffer from this. Those clips tightly grip the ear and curb blood flow in that area, causing a split earlobe.
- Some widened earlobes are also purposefully stretched to fit some big-sized gauze.
How is Earlobe Repair Surgery Performed?
- The area will first be sanitized, and then local anesthesia will be administered to numb it.
- A small amount of skin around the split or the elongated hole is cut.
- Then the cut area is restitched using a unique technique. It further prevents notching as the scars progressively heal and mature.
- Depending on the type of sutures used, you may or may not have to revisit the doctor.
- Some sutures need to be manually removed.
- The body naturally absorbs some, so the patient doesn’t have to visit the doctor for it.
Visiting the Best Skin Specialist In Delhi, one like Dr. Nivedita Dadu is essential for the best results.
How to Prepare for Ear Surgery?
- Avoid any blood thinning medication as it may disturb the healing process.
- Avoid smoking two weeks before and after the surgery, as nicotine and tobacco may delay the healing.
- Avoid sun damage and wear sunscreen of SPF 30 every day.
- Do not drink or eat anything the night before the surgery.
- Arrange for anyone to drop you home post surgery.
- Have someone with you for the first 24 hours of the surgery.