Those of you who are dealing in the crypto marketplace for quite a long now might already have the background knowledge of what MetaMask and BNB Smart Chain are. However, if you are someone who has recently stepped into the world of crypto, you might be interested to enhance your knowledge about different crypto dynamics. But, before I tell you anything about the way to connect these two platforms together, I hope you have already downloaded the MetaMask extension on your device.
Well, the MetaMask extension converts your browser into the MetaMask wallet on which you can store and work with several Ethereum-blockchain-compatible tokens. On the other hand, BNB Smart Chain is a blockchain network that allows you to connect to decentralized apps and work with smart contracts.
So, if you wish to use the functionalities of the two platforms together, then you first have to go through the MetaMask download extension process and set up your wallet. In case you have done that already, then you can skip this step and jump to the section where the connectivity process is explained.
Configuring MetaMask wallet with BSC
BNB Smart Chain which is also known as BSC can easily be connected to the Ethereum-based wallet if you know the apt procedure to do so.
- Open the MetaMask extension and sign into your wallet
- If you haven't set up that wallet already, you need to first go for the MetaMask download extension
- Further, you need to access its "Settings" menu to proceed
- When you reach the "Settings" page, you should be looking for the "Networks" menu and select it
- Here, proceed by selecting the "Add Network" page present on the top-right corner of your screen
- Now, you need to note that there are two types of networks that can be used here
- These are "Testnet" or "Mainnet" and you need to fill in the respective details for them which are described below
- After filling in these details, you can hit the "Save" option
For Mainnet, you need to feed the following details:
- For Network Name: feed "Smart Chain"
- For the New RPC URL: type "https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/"
- The ChainID is: 56
- The Symbol is: BNB
- In the Block Explorer URL field: type "https://bscscan.com"
For Testnet, you have to fill in the following data:
- For Network Name: feed Smart Chain - Testnet
- For the New RPC URL: feed https://data-seed-prebsc-1-s1.binance.org:8545/
- The ChaincID is: 97
- The Symbol is: BNB
- For Block Explorer URL: feed "https://testnet.bscscan.com"
Note: Even if you are not using the MetaMask extension or using any other MetaMask extension, you need to follow the same set of instructions to complete the process.
After completing this process on MetaMask, you will be able to make transactions on the Binance Smart Chain directly through your MetaMask wallet. I hope you have understood the whole process. If you are facing any kind of trouble during this process, I would suggest you wait for a while and then you may try to repeat the whole process on the MetaMask extension once again.