We want you to be able to make the best decision possible when hiring a sod installation in san antonio. This useful guide will assist you in selecting the proper firm and understanding what to expect both before and after the sod installation.
- Make sure you and your property are protected: Is the sod installer you've picked licensed and insured? Without the required certifications, no work should be done. This safeguards both you and the company in the event of an accident. The installer or their website should have this information easily available.
- It's All about Experience: How can you tell? It's a lot easier than you think; ask your friends for recommendations or just Google "sod installers" to locate local companies. You should check to determine whether the firm has a strong track record and offers sod installation as one of its services. Many landscapers provide this service, however not all of them lay sod or conduct design work. Request references and inspections of the sod company's previous work.
- Sod supplier: Find out where your sod will come from. It's not uncommon to ask for a sample of sod, as well as information from the sod farm, such as the seed blend used. Sod farms cultivate a wide variety of sod kinds, and choosing the right one for your area is critical.
- Consultation with the installer: What will your installer search for and why will he seek for it:
- Do you have a sprinkler system installed or are you planning to have one installed? Your installer should adjust all of the heads once the sod is installed to fit the sod height.
- Is the soil in good condition? To evaluate the soil's integrity, a soil analysis should be performed.
- What kind of growth conditions do you have? Shaded locations will be noted by your installer, who may propose that trees be pruned back to provide for enough sunshine.
- Do you need a lot of sod? Any upcoming developments, such as flower beds, pathways, and patios, should be mentioned now. Accurate measurements will cut down on wastage and lower the cost of sod and sod installation.
Your installer will present you with an estimate as well as a warranty after a complete walkthrough of your house. By doing your study now, you can ensure that your sod installation goes easily and accurately. Sod is a cost-effective alternative to grass repair and reseeding every year. Your sod will look excellent for years to come if you follow a suitable yearly care regimen.
We hope that our suggestions for selecting a sod installation firm will be useful to you as you plan your project.
Since 2010, Bradley Landscaping has a landscaping design and maintenance firm that has transformed the yards of San Antonio County residents from dull to beautiful.