Any device can suffer from some glitches and bugs from time to time. Resetting a device to it’s original configuration, helps you eliminate those bugs and ensure it’s proper working. Here is how you can perform Linksys re6300 reset.
Steps to reset Linksys router:
In order to reset, you need to know the current credentials of your Wi-Fi network. Your device would be offline, till you perform the reset. Let’s take a look at the steps for Linksys reset re6300.
- Locate the Reset button on your device. Depending on the model number you are using, it may vary where it is located.
- Press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds.
- This would reboot the device and perform a factory reset.
Steps to reset the router through web interface:
- Establish a connection to your Wi-Fi network.
- Open a web browser.
- Now type 192.168.1.2 in the URL section or type extender. Linksys. Com.
- Enter the default credentials.
- Now, click on restore factory default button.
- Linksys re6300 reset password can also be carried out by choosing the option under the same drop down menu.
The most common and reassuring way of solving any issue in the router is resetting it. But if you still find Linksys router not working. Here are some troubleshooting ways. The problem may arise due to a faulty Ethernet cable. Check the network and security settings of the router. Make sure all the cables and wires are plugged in properly. There might be an internet connectivity issue. Check for any updates and ensure that all your devices are updated.
Linksys router also offers you the option of parental control where you can restrict and control the router itself instead of configuring every internet device in your home. But sometimes you find Linksys parental controls not working. It usually happens because of outdated firmware version of the router. Another reason can be if you use the router in the bridge mode. In order to fix the problem. You can visit the official website of Linksys router and check for updates. Then, click on router upgrade option. Click on the firmware you downloaded to install it.
Let’s have a look at the steps for Linksys ea7500 setup.
- Connect the router and the modem through an Ethernet cable.
- Then, go to your computer and click on wireless internet settings.
- Connect the device to the new router. You will see the name of the router in the list of available devices.
- Enter the password for your router.
- Now, open any web browser in your computer.
- Type Linksyssmartwifi.com in the search and click enter.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click on next.
Thereafter, you can reset the login credentials and make other modifications.