Google Chrome is one of the most used and fastest web browser. It is designed in a simple and clean manner so that people of all age and professionals of all background can use it without facing any difficulty. It also remember the tabs you opened earlier so that you can pick up from where you left. It has great security and privacy features, it displays an alert message when you visit any suspicious site. Google Chrome also has a incognito mode, where you can control your private data. It is also customizable according to your own needs and specifications and it will show prompt accordingly. Even with so many features sometimes you do face Google Chrome not working. Let’s take a look at some of the steps to resolve the issue.
There are many causes due to which you might wonder why is my Google Chrome not responding. The most obvious causes for Chrome not working is usually corrupted user profiles or due to some corrupted software. Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the problem.
Ways to fix Google Chrome not working:
- First, restart the computer and then see if the Chrome is working.
- Sometimes antivirus disable the searches. Disabled the antivirus for some time and try running chrome.
- Go to the settings and click on compatibility under properties. This will switch Google Chrome to compatibility mode.
- It might seem a little odd but sometimes renaming the Google Chrome icon can help you resolve the error.
- Delete the user profile and log in through another.
- There is a built in troubleshooting program in the Windows. Try running that program and see if chrome works.
- Make sure you are connected to a good network.
Here’s how to fix Google Chrome not working Android.
- Press the Windows key and R to run the command.
- Copy default folder to the desktop.
- Power off the computer and restart.
- Navigate chrome in the search bar by typing chrome.
- Chose, open file location.
- Then, click on run as administrator.
- Thereafter, delete the default folder from the desktop.
You can uninstall the application and then install it again. In order to fix Google Chrome not working on iPhone. You can follow the same steps mentioned above and navigate to settings to enable the IMAP settings.
If you have face an issue with Google Chrome not working on Mac. You can restart the browser and follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned above. You can then uninstall the Google Chrome from your device and then install Google Chrome again. This will fix the issues.
Another basic solution is to clear cache in Chrome history. Navigate to settings and clear the history and cache from Google Chrome. The Chrome will restore to its proper working.