Acne occurs when debris such as dirt, oil, germs, or dead skin cells obstruct skin pores. This can occur anywhere, although the most common body areas are the face, back, shoulders, and occasionally the genitalia. These painful acne can undermine a person’s confidence and even cause anxiety and stress.
Having said that, acne is a very common skin condition and can be treated easily. Today, Dr. Nivedita Dadu, dermatologist for the Best Acne Treatment In Delhi, talks about the possible causes and treatment of acne. Keep reading to find out more.
Types of Acne
The several forms of acne include:
- Blackheads: These are black bumps on the skin formed due to clogged pores with dirt and oil. These are black due to the color of the inner lining of the hair follicle in it.
- Whiteheads: These are closed pores that are filled with dead cells and oil. They can be fleshy or white in color.
- Cysts: They are pus filled acne that are painful and can cause scars.
- Papules: These are red, pink color, raised bumps on the skin due to infected hair follicles.
- Pustules: They are pus filled, red in color and can leave a mark if picked.
- Nodules: These are large painful bumps that develop beneath the surface of the skin.