Metamask Sign in allows you to create more than one account in a single wallet and each one of these accounts has its own private key.
You may ask, what is the usage of these private keys?
Well! We will explore it further but before that let me enlighten the topic MetaMask because before learning about the private key you need to understand the MetaMask.
Metamask Sign in is a well-secure wallet which is used to hold purchased crypto assets as well as serves as a bridge to exploring the decentralized ecosystem and NFT marketplace. This wallet supports all of the Ethereum and Binance chain network-based coins and tokens to store, send or purchase and provides high-end security by encrypting your account with the secret recovery phrase, private key and password.
These credentials play the most essential role in order to safeguard your MetaMask account and if we talk about the working of the account’s private key, these keys are used to import your account into any other compatible wallet.
But, to do so you have to locate this key in your MetaMask sign in account. So, if you are looking for a way to find out this key in your wallet, follow the guide thoroughly.
Steps to export the private key using Metamask Sign in
- Open the MetaMask sign in page and enter into your account.
- Navigate to the identicon that resembles the account, and click it to open the accounts.
- Pick up the account that you want to export.
- Open the menu by clicking the three dots located in the upper-right corner.
- Now, choose the option “Account details” > “Export Private Key”.
- You’ll see a space to fill in your MetaMask sign in password on the following page.
- Fill that in and proceed by clicking “Confirm”.
- Your account’s private key will be prompted on the next page.
- Copy that from there and press “Done” to close that webpage.
- Export the private key using Metamask Sign in.
Steps to export the private key using MetaMask mobile app
- Firstly, open the app and finalize the MetaMask sign in process.
- Now go to the account’s identicon to open the menu.
- Pick up the “Settings” option from the list to proceed.
- Hit “Security and Privacy” and scroll down the following page.
- Press “Show private key” and fill in the password when asked.
- Then, click “Next” and press and hold the button that says “Hold to reveal private key”.
- Here you will see your account’s private key which you can copy by pressing the “Copy to clipboard” button.
This is all you have to do to extract or export your account’s private key.
In the MetaMask, the components which ensure security are the MetaMask sign in password, the secret recovery phrase of the wallet and the account’s private key. One thing you should keep in mind is the security of hot wallets completely depends on the users. So, in order to protect your MetaMask wallet, make sure to not reveal these security components to anyone for any reason.