Connecticut Sun Welcomes Back Briann January as Assistant Coach

Kerkering Kerkering
2024-04-13 03:17:52

Uncasville, CT-- Today, the Connecticut Sun introduced that Briann January, a 14-year WNBA professional and former Connecticut Sun guard, will sign up with Head Train Stephanie White and lately assigned aide trainer, Abi Olajuwon on the sideline for the 2023 season. I'm enjoyed include Briann January to our personnel and bring her back to the Connecticut Sun organization, White mentioned. Bri is just one of the hardest employees and most difficult competitors I have ever been around. She leads by example everyday through her self-control, passion, competition and humility. Her experience as a gamer and as an instructor will influence our group and team in many positive means. I have actually wished to instructor with Bri for a number of years now, and I'm glad that we ultimately obtain to collaborate finished her seasoned occupation in the WNBA as one of the most effective guards in league history. The Spokane citizen was prepared 6th in the 2009 WNBA Draft by the Indiana Fever, where she would go on to end up being a WNBA Champion in 2012. She balanced 7. 8 factors, 1. 7 rebounds, 3. 4 assists and 1. 0 steals over nine seasons in Indiana, two in Phoenix az, 2 in Connecticut and one with Seattle. "I'm so thrilled to be rejoining the Connecticut Sun family as an aide under Steph," said January. "It feels like a homecoming because I was privileged enough to have bet Steph, the Sunlight company, and in front of the impressive Sun followers. I look ahead to the possibility to assist this franchise add a champion to its winning heritage with this group and staff!"January is widely heralded for her defensive capabilities, as she was named an All-WNBA Defensive Staff member seven times throughout her occupation. She also participates in the WNBA training comes up to a plethora of playoff experience, appearing in postseason contests 13 out of 14 seasons in the organization. In her last season, January provided a critical professional visibility off the bench, assisting the Tornado reach their fifth WNBA Semifinals, while likewise relocating to 5th all-time in video games played and 6th all-time in aids in WNBA postseason a participant of the Sun from 2020-2021, January completed with a 36-18 record, starting in all but 3 routine period competitions. During her final period in Connecticut, she averaged 7. 0 points, 1. 4 rebounds and 3. 1 aids per game. January likewise helped thrust the Sun to a No. 1 seed in the 2021 WNBA playoffs, after the group finished the routine period on a franchise business document 14-game win has formerly held an assistant coach position at her university, Arizona State College.Sun Store