Do your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air seem a bit stale? Do you have an issue that you just can't solve? Do you want to get rid of your MacBook? This guide will show you how to reset your MacBook. We will show you how to factory reset your MacBook or iMac to a similar state.
How to Reset your MacBook Air Factory Setting
Before factory resetting your MacBook, there are some things you should do. These are the things you should do before you reset your MacBook Air/MacBook Pro.
- Backup your MacBook
- Sign out of iTunes
- Sign out of iCloud
- Sign out of iMessage
- Unpair Bluetooth devices
You now know how to factory reset any Mac or MacBook computer.
Steps to reset your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro Factory Setting:
1. Turn on your Mac by holding down the Command/R keys. When the Apple logo appears, let go.
2. Continue by selecting your language
3. Select Disk Utility, and then click Continue.
4. Select your startup disk (named Macintosh HD defaultly) and click the erase button.
5. Once you have chosen a name to use for the disk after it is erased, click on Mac OS Extended (Journaled), and then click on Erase. You can encrypt your disk with the "Journaled Encrypted" option. When prompted, you will be asked to create a password. Select GUID Partition Map.
6. To close the window, click on Erase and then Done.
7. Connect to Wi-Fi in your top right corner if you haven’t already. Just like you would with your Mac.
8. Select Reinstall macOS from the main menu and click Continue.
9. Continue. You will see a pop-up window. Click Continue.
10. Click Agree to read the Software License Agreement.
11. Select your boot drive and click Install.
12. Wait for the installation to begin. This is a great time to take a rest and stretch your legs. A sandwich is a good idea, but not mandatory.
13. After restarting, the computer will continue to install.
Here's how to reset factory settings on MacBook Air. These steps will reset your MacBook Air. If you require any assistance, dial the Apple customer service number at (806) 542-0999 to get the necessary assistance.