Google Wi-Fi is a great technology and one if the efficient device in the market. Internet connection or more appropriately a Wi-Fi connection does makes your life easier since all the aspects of life are governed by internet today. Therefore, it can be problematic when your Wi-Fi doesn’t work. It can hamper your work and day to day life. One of the most effective ways to resolve any issue related to Google Wi-Fi is to reset Google WiFi. The issue can arise due to many causes like service outage or maintenance breakdown at the server’s end. The issue can also arise due to some technical error or internet connectivity issues.
Before moving on to factory reset Google Wi-Fi , you have to keep in mind that reset function will change the settings and data of your device. Although, the application does store the data for six months. Make sure you have a back up of your files and important data that you require. Resetting does fix most the issues and helps with smooth working of the device but when you perform a reset. It will set the device back to factory default settings and hence the current configuration of the device will be erased. Let’s have a look at how to reset Google Wi-Fi. The first method is through the reset button on your device. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to reset Google Wi-Fi:
- Make sure that the device is plugged into a electric socket during the whole process of performing the reset.
- Locate the white circle factory reset button at the back of your device.
- Press and hold the button till you see the orange light which will turn into a blue light later.
- When you see the blue light on the router, release the button.
- It will take about 10 minutes to reset the device.
- You will see a solid blue light flashing indicating that the reset process is complete.
This is the best and most effective way of performing Google Wi-Fi factory reset. You can simply press the button on your device and reset it which will fix any issue the router is facing.
Another way of how to factory reset Google Wi-Fi is through the app. You can download the Google Home app and then follow the steps mentioned below. Here’s how to perform Google Wi-Fi factory reset using or through the Google Home app.
Steps to reset through Google Home:
- Open the app in your phone and click on the Wi-Fi icon.
- Scroll down and navigate to settings.
- Then, click on factory reset network.
- Now click on ok button and it will reset Google Wi-Fi point.
As mentioned above there are different ways in which you can reset the device. There’s another way of Google Wi-Fi reset through the old firmware. You can select any method and reset your device. It will eliminate any issues the device is facing and set it back to factory default settings.