Cryptocurrency has been a volatile market over the past few years. As technologies are getting advanced, so do the methods of online theft and fraud.
MetaMask is one of the secure wallets you can trust. Yes! It is reliable to millions of its users globally.
It is a cryptocurrency exchange that enables you to secure ETH and does Ethereum transactions in a decentralized way by using the MetaMask extension and app. It is available as an extension for Chrome, Firefox, Brave and Edge browsers. And, by MetaMask sign in, you will get access to a unique Ethereum public address, with which you can start sending and receiving ETH or ERC-20 tokens. Along with this, MetaMask also allows you to connect to Dapps and web3-enabled sites.
In this blog post, we are going to elaborate on the procedure of connecting the MetaMask wallet to decentralized applications. Let’s have a look at the steps without any further ado.
Approach to connect MetaMask wallet to Dapps
The Metamask extension for Chrome, Firefox, or any other browser allows you to easily connect with decentralized applications (DApps). The first thing you have to do is install it in your browser and complete the process of MetaMask sign in to proceed further.
Here are the steps to follow using the MetaMask browser extension:
- Navigate to the website you wish to connect with Metamask manually.
- In the top-right corner of your screen, select “MetaMask Extension”.
- Select the menu with three dots present at the top-right corner of the window.
- Then pick up the option “Connected Sites”.
- Tap the “Manually connect to current site” button available at the bottom of the list.
- Choose the account you wish to associate with the website after clicking “Next”.
- Proceed further by examining the details in the confirmation window, then click “Confirm”.
That’s it! You have completed the procedure of connecting the MetaMask browser extension to the decentralized web.
- During this process, one point to note is- If one of your other accounts is linked to the Dapp, then the “Manually connect to current site” button won't show up. If you run into this problem, look for any connections that already exist in your other wallets.
MetaMask browser extension allows you to access Dapps (decentralized apps). And most importantly, functions as a wallet in which you can store ETH and ERC-20 tokens and access all services available on MetaMask after MetaMask sign in.
It is the most recommended wallet for Ethereum traders. Go for it, and enable decentralized web for you via this wallet.